123 HP Printers – Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print allows you share printers with just a click. Any type of app when connected to a web-connected device, can use Google Cloud Print. You can connect a printer to your Google Cloud Print account and start printing on it. Handling printers and print jobs in Cloudy-ready printers is simple.
Registering your printer:
To register your printer, you require the following:
- A PC running with Chrome, Linux, OS X v10.7 or later, or Windows XP or later, or Chromebook.
- Google Chrome browser installed on your PC.
- A Google Account.
- A Google Cloud Print ready printer that is connected to the same network as your computer.
- An active Internet connection.
Instructions to be followed to register your printer:
- Power on the HP Printer.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC and then sign into your Google account.
- On the home page of your browser, click on the Chrome menu icon, and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to select Show advanced settings
- Then, scroll down further to Google Cloud Print and then click the Manage button.
- Google cloud print senses any printer that is present on your network.
Configure your printer
Cloud Ready Printer:
The Cloud-ready printer connects directly to the web. Make certain that your printer is cloud ready or is HP ePrint compatible.
- Open Google chrome on your computer
- Open a new tab and type chrome:// devices
- Click My Devices and see if your printer is listed under My Devices.
- If your printer is available under My Devices, then your printer is registered previously with Google Cloud Print. Click Manage to display the list of Google Cloud Print printers that are registered.
- If your printer is listed under New Devices, click Register and then print a confirmation page. In most of the printers, you may be prompted to finish the registration from the printer control panel.
- If your printer is unavailable, then make certain your printer is connected to the network or try to connect your printer to the printer’s email address. The printer has to be HP ePrint enabled to have an email address.
Installation of Google Cloud Print on your Mobile device
Make sure you install the Cloud Print app on your device. If not installed previously, follow the steps to install Google Cloud Print,
Open settings from your Mobile device.
Under System, tap Printing.
If it does not print on your mobile device, download and install the Cloud Print app directly from the Google Play Store.
Print from a computer or Mobile device
Print texts or images that are saved on your Chromebook or computer using Google Cloud Print.
- Step 1Open the Chrome browser from your desktop, and then sign into your Google account.
- Step 2For detailed info, go to Google cloud print jobs.
- Step 3Click Print, choose Upload file to print, and then click Select a file from my computer option.
- Step 4Select the photo or document that you want to print from your mobile device, and then click Open.
- Step 5From the Google Cloud Print window, select the name of your HP printer from the list of printers available, and then click Print.
- Step 6If required, make changes to the print settings, and then click Print again.
To customize your printer name
You can customize the printer name instead of using the name which was allocated automatically.
- Step 1: Open the Chrome browser from your desktop, and then sign in to your Google account.
- Step 2: Go to Google Cloud Print Printers.
- Step 3: A list of Google Cloud printers which were registered earlier displays.
- Step 4: Select the HP printer that is to be renamed, and then click on the Rename button.
- Step 5: Allot a new name for your HP printer, and then click the Rename button once again to confirm your choice.
Print an email or webpage from your computer
- Step 1: Print an email or webpage from your Chromebook, computer or laptop, using Google cloud print.
- Step 2: Open the Chrome browser from your laptop or computer, and then sign in to your Google account.
- Step 3: Open the email or web page that you want to print.
- Step 4: Click the Chrome menu icon that is displayed at the top corner of the screen, and then choose Print from the drop-down list of menus.
- Step 5: The Print window will be displayed on the desktop screen.
- Step 6: From the Print window, choose the Change button under Destination.
- Step 7: The Select a destination window displays. From that window, pick out your HP Printer under Google Cloud Print.
- Step 8: Add changes to the print settings in the Print window, and then click Print.
Print from Gmail on my computer
Use your registered Google Cloud Print printer to print a file from your Gmail account.
- Step 1: Open the Chrome browser from your laptop or computer, and then sign in to your Google account.
- Step 2: Then, open Gmail using your browser.
- Step 3: Open the email that you want to print.
- Step 4: Click the Print icon, to start printing your mail.
- Step 5: The Print window opens in a new window. On that window, under Destination, click the Change button.
- Step 6: Select a destination window displays. From that window, select your HP Printer under Google Cloud Print.
- Step 7: Add changes to the print settings in the Print window, and then click Print.
123-hpsetup.com is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance with many major brands of hardware, software and peripherals. The brands, names, images, trademarks, products and services of third parties mentioned on this website are only for reference and to furnish information. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by, any such third parties unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies for website usage.