How To Install Printer Driver
It is through the software that you can make your 123.hp.com printer perform to its fullest, so its installation must be done with utmost care. Our user manuals are informative and simple enough to help you out with hassle-free printing and to get the expected output. Take a glimpse at our instructions to finish the install printer driver process on your printer.
Installing the printer driver on your computer enables you to access the features of the printer from the computer. Downloading and installing the printer driver could be a tricky job if you don’t know how to do it or how it works. Here is the answer to how to install the printer driver.
How To Install Printer Driver For Windows
Do you have a Windows computer and wish to install the printer driver on it? Follow the simple steps given below to download and install the required printer driver on your Windows computer.
- You can install the required printer driver and software using two different methods – downloading it from the website 123.hp.com and CD.
- This CD is one of the accessories of the printer. Other accessories of the printer include ink cartridges, manual, and power cord.
- Insert the CD into the CD driver of your computer. Wait for your computer to read the CD. Open the installer window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver on your computer. Choose the selection type to terminate installation process.
- The only downside of using the CD to install the printer driver is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with your computer.
- If you use the CD to install the printer driver, you might not be able to access the features of the printer to its fullest.
- As an alternative, you can download the required printer driver and software and install it on your computer. You can download it from our website 123hp.com
- Make sure that you have a stable network connection. Enter the URL of our website hp.com/123 in your computer’s web browser.
- Look for the Driver Download section. Enter the model number of your printer in the provided empty space. Select the OS version of your computer.
- Ensure that you choose the correct version of OS. You might not be able to install the printer driver software if you choose the wrong version of OS.
- Do not connect your printer to the computer before installing the printer driver. Your computer won’t recognize the printer.
- If you attempt to connect your printer and computer without installing the driver software, you won’t be able to access the printer features.
- Once you select the OS version, a list of printer drivers will display. It is recommended to download the full feature driver.
- If your computer does not support full feature driver, you can download the basic printer driver and install it on your computer.
- Wait for the file to download. Open the downloaded file on your computer and follow the prompted instructions to install it.
- When the installer prompts you to choose the connection type, select USB, LAN or wireless. Connect the printer to the computer.
- Download and install the HP Printer Assistant application. This app notifies you whenever there is an updated driver available for download.
- Regularly update the printer driver and firmware to fix bugs and enable new features of the printer. This enhances the performance of the printer.
How To Install Printer Driver For Mac
Install the required printer driver on your Mac if you wish to connect your printer to Mac and access it. Here are the steps on how to install the printer driver for Mac.
- Switch on your computer. Ensure the stability of network connection. Make sure that your computer has enough space to install the printer driver.
- Connect one end of the rear cord to the printer and the other end directly to a wall outlet. Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Do not establish a connection between your printer and computer before installing the required printer driver and software on your computer.
- If you try to connect your printer using a USB or Ethernet and access the printer features without installing the printer driver, you will fail.
- If you have already connected the printer to the Mac, you need to remove the device from the Mac. Restart your Mac if needed.
- You can download the printer driver and software from our website 123.hp.com setup. Log in to our website 123.hp.com/setup and search for Driver Download section.
- Key in your printer’s model number. You will be asked to choose the OS version of your computer. Ensure that you choose the correct version.
- You won’t be able to install the printer driver and connect your printer to the computer if you choose the wrong version of OS.
- Once you select the OS version, a list of printer drivers will appear on the screen. It is recommended to select and download the full feature driver.
- If an error message display reading that your computer is not compatible with the full feature driver, download the basic printer driver software.
- Tap on the Begin option to start downloading the driver. Wait for the printer driver to download. Once the file downloads, open it.
- Follow the set of instructions prompted by the installer. Select the software from the given list to install along with the printer driver.
- When the installer prompts you to select the connection type, choose Wireless, LAN or USB options. Connect your printer to the computer.
- When the installer windows instruct you to add the printer to the printer queue, click on the name of your printer.
- Under the Use menu, choose your printer. Tap on the small Add button to add your printer to the printer queue.
- You can also install the printer driver using the CD you received along with the printer. This is one of the accessories of the printer.
- Insert the CD into the computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver. Select the connection type.
- This CD might not be compatible with the latest OS version of your computer. That is the only drawback of using the CD to install the driver.