HP DeskJet 5810 Printer - First time Setting up the Printer for the first time
Printers are gradually becoming a home office tool. Once you learn how to install the printer for the Deskjet gt5810 unboxing setup, you will be able to print from anywhere, anytime. When you setup printer for the first time, you will need to take the printer and packing materials out from the box, establish a power cable connection, fill the ink tanks, install the printheads, insert paper into the input tray, align the printheads, and then install the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 5810.
Step 1: Release the printer from the box
Take out the printer from the box, remove all the tapes, stickers and packing materials around the printer.
- Release the printer from the box.
- Remove all tape and packing materials in and around the printer.
- Open the external door.
- Look under the printhead access door and remove the tape and packing materials.
- Clear the tapes and packing materials from inside the printer.
- Once you remove all packing materials, close the printhead access door and then close the exterior door.
- Place your printer on an even surface.
- Plug one end of the power cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to the wall socket.
- Power on the Deskjet printer using the power button.
Step 2: Load the ink tanks
Load the ink tanks with ink using the ink bottles which was shipped in the box along with your printer.
- Make sure to unlock the ink valve.
- Remove the plug from the yellow tank before opening the ink tank lid.
- Remove the seal and cap from the yellow ink bottle.
- Tighten the cap on the bottle before you open the lid.
- Place the yellow ink bottle above the tank spout.
- Fill the ink tank to fill it up to the line on the tank. If the ink did not run out of the bottle, remove and reinsert the bottle onto the tank spout. Avoid squeezing the bottle.
- Once the yellow bottle is filled, pull the ink bottle straight up.
- Fill the other ink tanks by repeating the above steps.
- After filling the ink tanks, close the ink tank lid.
Step 3: Install the printheads
Open the box that has been shipped along with your printer and then install the printheads.
- Open the box and then clear the printheads from its package.
- On the top of the printhead, pull out the orange plugs to remove them.
- Open the printhead access door and exterior door while the printer is turned on.
- The printhead carriage moves to the printer’s middle area.
- Push down on the blue printhead carriage latch firmly and the blue printhead carriage latch opens.
- Insert the printhead at an upward angle into the empty slot.
- Place the black printhead into the right side slot and tri-color printhead into the left slot.
- After inserting the printheads, close the blue carriage latch by pushing down gently until the latch clicks into slot.
- When you close the printhead access door, a blinking P displays on the control panel of your printer.
- Then, close the exterior door.
Step 4: Load paper into the input tray
After installing the printheads, load the plain white paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Lift the printer’s input tray.
- Adjust the paper width guide
- Slide the width guides all the way to the left side.
- Load the plain paper into the printer’s tray
- Then slide the stack of paper width guide against the edge of the paper.
- Pull out the output tray at the bottom end of your printer
- Then lift the tray extender.
Step 5: Align the printheads and refill the ink system
Aligning the printheads is essential to achieve the optimized print quality. After aligning the printheads, the printer starts the process of refilling and using the ink system.
- On the Deskjet’s printer control panel, press and hold the Resume button for about 3 to 5 seconds. The alignment begins when the prompt changes from blinking P to blinking A. The Deskjet printer starts to rints an alignment page.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side facing down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. Locate it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid after placing the alignment page.
- On the Deskjet printer’s control panel, press the Start Copy Color button. The printer begins to align the printheads.
- Refilling is complete when the rotating lines discontinue and a 0 displays on the control panel.
Step 6: Install the printer software
The initial hardware setup for your printer is done. Install the printing software from 123.hp.com/dj 5810. Don’t try attempt to connect the printer to a computer using a USB cable until the printing software prompts you to do. Download the updated version of the printing software from our website 123.hp.com/deskjet 5810 and then install it on your computer.
123-hpsetup.com is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance with many major brands of hardware, software and peripherals. The brands, names, images, trademarks, products and services of third parties mentioned on this website are only for reference and to furnish information. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by, any such third parties unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies for website usage.