123.hp.com/tango Smart Home Printer
- The 123.hp.com/tango Printer installation contains info about unboxing the printer, connecting the power cord to a wall socket, loading paper and installing the ink cartridges. Find the instructions that are given below.
- Open the box and take the printer out of it.
- Place the printer on a flat surface.
- Fix the printer on the output tray or wrap.
- Use the power cord of the printer to connect between the printer and the electrical socket.
- Move the paper width guides to the edges of the input tray.
- Load plain sheets of paper into the input tray.
- Move the guides until they snap on to the paper edges.
- Press the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- Take the ink cartridge from the packaging.
- Insert the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Connect the printer to a network using the HP Smart App.
- Register the printer name in the HP Instant Ink feature.
HP Tango Manual and Driver
The Manual for the 123.hp.com/tango Printer is available free of cost. The driver is not necessary for the printer. Print from any location using the printer. Use mobile printing features such as HP Smart app, Wireless Direct Printing, AirPrint and Print Anywhere.
HP Tango Manual
Manual for the HP Tango is available in the hard copy as well as soft copy. Get the manual from the printer’s shipment box. If the manual is unavailable, download the soft copy of it from our website. Click the link to begin the download process.
HP Tango driver
HP Tango printers do not require any drivers. Connect the printer to the smartphone using the HP Smart App. The printer supports various mobile printing solutions. Use the AirPrint option to connect the printer to your Apple device. Use the feature in the HP Smart App if you wish to print from Anywhere. Enable it to write from any location. Make your printing process very easy with the help of the Tango printer. Updating the firmware of the printer is necessary to get all the latest features in it.
How to connect HP Tango to Windows 10
- Download the HP Smart from your Windows Store.
- Install the app using the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Attach the printer and the system to the same wireless network.
- View the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Select the printer’s name from the list.
- If the printer name is unavailable, check the wireless connection.
HP Tango wireless setup
- Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup or HP Smart App to connect the printer to the network.
- Check if your printer and system are connected to the same network.
- Connect the smartphone to a stable internet access.
- Power up the printer, system and mobile device.
- Find the WPS button on the router.
- Long-press the Wireless and Power button on the printer at the same time.
- Long-press the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds on the router.
- The printer finds the list of available wireless networks in its surrounding.
- Select the Network name, and after a while, the printer establishes the network connection.
- Wait until the Wireless light turns on after the printer is connected.
HP Tango wifi setup
The other method to connect the 123.hp.com/tango printer to the network is by using the HP Smart App. Use this compatible app for the connection process.
- Turn on the Android device and the printer.
- Check if the Bluetooth feature is activated on the Android device.
- Download the HP Smart App from Google Play Store for Android Devices.
- Install the HP Smart App on your mobile phone using the on-screen prompts.
- Press the Wireless button on the printer. Check if the Edge light flashes blue.
- Launch the HP Smart App on the device and touch the Plus sign.
- Add the printer to the list by tapping the Add Printer option.
- View the list of available printers on the network.
- Select the printer name. The name contains HP-Setup -> 1F_Tango_X.
- Use the on-screen instructions to type the password.
- After the printer connects to the network, a solid blue light displays.
HP Tango Mobile Printing
Mobile printing is an added advantage to the printer. Connect the printer to the network using various compatible apps. They are HP Smart App, HP Wireless Direct, AirPrint, Print Anywhere. Windows and Mac operating systems support the HP Smart App. This app is supported by Windows 10 operating systems.
HP Tango HP Print Anywhere setup
- Use the HP Print Anywhere feature on your HP Smart App. Download and install the app with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- Download the HP Smart App on your Android device and install it.
- Open the HP Smart App and touch the printer name to display the printer settings.
- If the Print Anywhere option displays on the screen, it is compatible with the Mobile printing feature.
- To activate this feature, make sure that the printer and the mobile device is connected to the same network.
- Tap the printer name on the home screen of its control panel.
- Tap Advanced Settings –> Web Services. Print the Info page and touch Print Anywhere.
HP Tango AirPrint setup
- Setting up the AirPrint app on Apple devices is very easy. Use the steps given below to connect the printer to the network.
- Check if the iOS device is running on the Apple iOS 4.2 and later version.
- Ensure that the HP Tango Printer supports Airprint.
- Link your printer and Apple device to the same network.
- Long-press the Wireless button on the printer for 3 seconds to establish the connection.
- A list of wireless networks displays on the screen.
- Select the network name from the list.
- Wait for a while; the printer establishes the network connection.
HP Tango Google Assistant setup
- Google Assistant is available in most recently launched devices. In certain cases, you need to download it.
- Download and install the HP Google Assistant App on your mobile device.
- Touch the Explore icon on the Google Assistant screen.
- Wait until the Explore screen displays.
- Type the HP Printer that displays in the search field.
- Touch HP Printer. Wait until the HP Printer screen displays.
- Touch LINK -> ALLOW, to finish the setup process.
- Log in using the Google username and password to configure Google Assistant.
HP Tango Amazon Alexa setup
- Connect to the Amazon Alexa and smartphone with the help of the instructions given below.
- Turn on the printer and the smartphone.
- Activate the Web Services option on the 123.hp.com/tango printer.
- Download and install the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device.
- For an Android device, download the app from the Google Play Store.
- For the Apple iOS device, download the app from the App Store.
- Open the app. Touch the Menu icon and tap Skills.
- The list of available printers will display.
- Touch the HP Printer icon from the Skills test. Select Enable.
HP Tango wireless direct printing
- The Wireless Direct feature is a method of connecting the printer and the system to the network without using a router.
- Check if the printer and the system are turned on.
- Load plain paper into the input tray.
- Download and install the latest version of the HP Print Service plugin from the Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- After installing the app, open App settings and activate it.
- If you have installed the app, touch the Settings icon.
- Select the More, More Networks, More Settings option.
- Tap HP Inc -> ON to activate it.
- Touch Wi-Fi and tap Settings -> Wi-Fi Direct.
HP Tango ink cartridges
Ink cartridge is necessary to print from the printer. Use the Instant Ink feature to enroll the printer name on the list of available devices. If the ink cartridge runs out of ink, get a new one delivered at your doorstep.
HP Tango change ink cartridge
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/tango printer by gently pressing the Power button.
- Raise the printer lid and insert plain sheets of paper into the input tray.
- Ensure that the output tray is extended.
- Press the Ink door button to release the ink cartridge access door.
- Raise the door until it fixes into place. Refrain from proceeding until the carriage is idle.
- Raise the latch to remove the ink cartridge out of the printer.
- Take the new ink cartridge from the package and insert it into the slot.
- After a while, the printer print an alignment page.
HP Tango ink refill
- Refilling the ink cartridge is a messy job.
- Open the ink door and take the ink cartridge out of the slot.
- Tear the tape on top of the cartridge.
- Inject ink into the cartridge using a syringe.
- Do not overfill the ink cartridge as it may lead to the creation of air bubbles.
- Air bubbles may block the movement of the nozzles and the printhead.
- After refilling it, cover the holes using tape.
- Clean the excess ink by making use of a damp cloth.
- After a while, insert the ink cartridge into the printer.
HP Tango Scanner
Scanning is the additional feature available in the HP Tango printer. Use the HP Smart App to print or scan from the printer. Use the Scan with Camera option to scan from mobile devices.
How to scan on HP Tango from HP Smart App
- Install the HP Smart App on your Android or Apple device to start the scanning process.
- Use the on-screen prompts to install the app on the device.
- Open the app and then add the printer to the app.
- Place the document on the scanner glass along the engraved guides.
- Touch the Scan, Scan to Email or Scan to Cloud option.
- Select Settings to choose the input source and resolution.
- Tap the Scan option. Include additional pages by touching the Add pages option.
- Use the mobile device’s camera to scan the document or photo.
- Select the type of scan you intend to complete.
- For an Android device, touch the Camera Scan option.
- Choose the Auto or Manual mode option and complete it using the on-screen prompts.
- You can make the necessary changes to the scan settings if required.
- The Scan option is available in Android and Apple devices.
HP Tango factory reset
- Switch on the printer by force pressing the Power button.
- Wait until the carriage remains idle and silent.
- Detach the power cable from the rear of the printer and the wall socket.
- Do the above process with the printer turned on.
- After a while, check if the power cable is working correctly.
- Attach the power cable to the printer’s rear and the wall socket.
- If the printer is not turned on, force press the Power button.
- If the printer disconnects from the network, reconnect it.
HP Tango firmware upgrade
- Go to the Printer Update feature. The menu names and icons differ from one printer to another.
- Check if the printer is turned on and connected to the system.
- The firmware of the printer may vary.
- Select the Change option. Click the Version option and choose Change.
- If the firmware is updated, store the file on the system.
- When the update completes, click the OK option.
- A Firmware may help you get all the latest features on the printer.
- Open the HP Smart App to view the firmware updates on the 123.hp.com/tango printer.
HP Tango Troubleshooting
HP Tango printer encounters various types of issues. These issues can be Not printing, Offline, not connecting to wifi, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa. All the problems can be resolved with the help of the solutions given below. Refer to the user manual to obtain more information.
HP Tango printer not ready
- If the printer is not available, check the connection between the printer and the mobile device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart app to check the connection.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to verify the connection.
- Select the Fix Printing option to resolve the printing related issues.
- Do not turn off the printer when a print job is in progress.
- Check if the paper is inserted into the input tray.
HP Tango offline
- A miscommunication between the printer and the mobile device may lead to the Offline issue.
- Check if the printer and the mobile device are connected to the same network.
- Avail the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve the issue.
- Choose the printer’s name from the list.
- If an exclamation point is present, the test fails and requires user action.
HP Tango not connecting to wifi
- Check the printer is not in the Sleep mode.
- Turn off the router and other wireless devices connected to the network.
- Check if the printer connection and network name are used appropriately.
- Move the printer and mobile device close to a router for better signal strength.
- Set the frequency band of the router to 2.4 GHz.
- Be sure that the Smart Mobile Switch option is disabled.
HP Tango not connecting to Amazon Alexa
- Verify whether your printer and system are connected to the same network.
- Amazon Alexa is not compatible with USB printers.
- The printer is compatible with Android device running on OS 4.0 or later versions.
- Reconnect the printer to Amazon Alexa with a different email address.
- If the printer connects, then the issue is with the device.
- Refer to the user manual to get more information.
HP Tango paper jam
- Find the jammed paper inside the printer.
- Use a flashlight to check for the jammed paper interior of the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area and the input tray.
- Detach the power cable which is in the printer’s rear before removing the paper.
- Ensure that there are no pieces of paper in the printer.
- Reset the printer to fix the Paper jam issue.
HP Tango not connecting to HP Smart App
- Check if the 123.hp.com/tango printer supports the HP Smart App feature.
- Add the printer name by clicking the Add printer option.
- If the printer is not available, uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App.
- Connect the printer to the wireless network while installing.
- During the installation process, do not turn off the mobile device.
- For further details go with instructions in the user manual.
HP Tango not connecting to Google Assistant
- Check if multiple printers are connected to the network.
- Keep only one printer active at a time.
- Configure Google Assistant on the system and connect it to the wireless network.
- Use a compatible version of Android and Apple operating systems.
- Connect the printer and the smartphone to the same wireless network.
- The app is not compatible with USB-connected printers.
HP Tango does not print in color
- Check for compatible ink cartridges with respect to the 123.hp.com/tango printer model.
- If the ink level is very low, it is necessary to replace the ink cartridge with a new one.
- Use the Single cartridge mode to print from a single cartridge.
Use the 123.hp.com/tango print to print from any location. It can be connected to Windows, Mac and mobile devices. It is a fantastic device for printing purpose. Get notifications regarding the printer from any location using the HP Smart App. A simple and easy setup process helps you to connect to the network.