123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Illustration
Transform your home office into a more creative work space with the sleek and full-featured HP Setup OfficeJet 5740 All-in-One. Haste through the home and work tasks with comfort, and generate laser-quality documents and border less, lab-quality photos.
Print wireless at home or on the go 123.hp.com/oj5740, while helping your busy family inexpensively accomplish its goals.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Features
Use the HP Connected website
Use HP’s free HP Linked website to setup augmented security for HP ePrint, and specify the email addresses that are permitted to send an email to your printer. You can also get product upgrades, more apps, and other free facilities.
Send a fax using monitor dialing
When you send a fax using monitor dialing, you can perceive the dial tones, telephone stimuli, or other sounds over the speakers on the printer. This allows you to respond to prompts while dialing, as well as
HP OJ 5740 Duplex printing
Is duplexing what you are looking for in a printer? Then, opt for the HP Setup Officejet 5740 printer without any hesitation. It saves your money, paper and time.
HP Officejet 5740 Mobile Application
HP Officejet 5740 Airprint
AirPrint is an exceptional feature with which you can print a document or a photo from an Apple device by connecting your HP compatible printer to a wireless network. If you are using an HP AirPrint compatible printer that contains wireless features, then these instructions help you set up AirPrint.
HP Officejet 5740 ePrint
HP ePrint is a cloud-based service that generates prints easily from your Android, Smartphone or Tablets using 123.hp.com/oj 5740. Print from anywhere with a live Internet connection. You can email the document or photo you need to print directly to the 123 HP ePrint enabled printer.
HP Officejet 5740 Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print allows you share printers with just a click. Any type of app when connected to a web-connected device, can use Cloud Print. You can connect a printer to your Google Cloud Print account and start printing on it. Handling printers and print jobs in Cloud-ready printers is simple.
HP Officejet 5740 Latest Driver & Manual Download
HP Officejet 5740 Driver
Download the Updated Printer Driver:
- Avail the latest version of the printer driver from 123.hp.com/oj 5740 us within seconds.
- Click the link to download 123 HP Officejet 5740 for Windows and Mac compatible printer.
HP Officejet 5740 Manual
Download the Easy Procedural Guide:
- Our easy step-by-step instructions help you setup and troubleshoot printer on your own.
- Click the link to download the user manual for your corresponding 123 HP Officejet 5740.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Quick Tips
- Improve your print quality by regulating the pace of your dialing.
- NFC touch-to-print:
- With near field communication (NFC), you can speedily print documents and images from a mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) just by tapping the device on the printer. View on the front of the printer, back of the printer control panel, and then tap your mobile device to this area to print-no additional setup required.
- Right paper settings.
- If your ink cartridges dry up and an outcome isn’t printing well , then try dipping the print head on the cartridge into some water for few seconds.
- Use the printer once a while to ensure the printer is working well.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Troubleshooting
The printer cannot receive faxes but can send faxes
- If you are not using a typical ring service, monitor to ensure that the Distinctive Ring feature on the printer is fixed to All Rings.
- If you have a voice mail service at the same phone number you use for fax calls, you must obtain faxes manually. This means that you must be accessible to respond in person to receive fax calls.
- If you have a computer dial-up modem on the same phone line with the printer, ensure that the software that came with your modem is not fixed to receive faxes mechanically. Modems that are set up to obtain faxes automatically take over the phone line to accept all incoming faxes, which averts the printer from receiving fax calls.
If you have an answering machine on the similar phone line as the printer, you may have one of the following issues:
- Your answering machine may not be set up properly with the printer.
- Your outgoing message may be too long or too loud to permit the printer to notice fax tones, and the sending fax machine might separate.
- Your answering machine may not have sufficient quiet time after your outgoing message to permit the printer to notice fax tones. This issue is most common with digital answering machines.
The following actions may help resolve these problems:
When you have an answering machine on the similar phone line you use for fax calls, attempt linking the answering machine straight to the printer, choose here to go online for more information.
- Ensure the printer is fixed to receive faxes automatically.
- Ensure the Rings to Answer setting is fixed to a more number of rings than the answering machine. Separate the answering machine and then attempt receiving a fax. If faxing is fruitful without the answering machine, the answering machine may be causing the problem.
- Relink the answering machine and record your outgoing message over. Record a message that is around 10 seconds in duration. Speak gradually and at a low volume when sound tracking your message. Pause for at least 5 seconds of silence at the end of the voice message. There should be no contextual noise when recording this silent time. Attempt to receive a fax again.
- If the printer bonds the same phone line with other kinds of phone equipment, such as an answering machine, a computer dial-up modem, or a multi-port switch box, the fax signal level might be reduced. The signal level can also be condensed if you use a splitter or connect extra cables to spread the length of your phone. A condensed fax signal can cause problems during fax response. To find out if other equipment is causing a problem, disconnect everything except the printer from the phone line, and then try to receive a fax. If you can receive faxes positively without additional equipment, one or more pieces of the other equipment are causing problems; try adding them back one at a time and receiving a fax each time, until you identify which equipment is causing the problem.
- If you have a distinct ring pattern for your fax phone number (using a distinctive ring service over your telephone company), ensure that the Distinctive Ring feature on the printer is set to match.
The printer cannot send faxes but can receive faxes
- The HP Setup Officejet 5740 printer might be dialing too wildly or too soon. You might need to supplement some pauses in the number order. For example, if you required to access to an outdoor line before dialing the phone number, supplement a pause following the access number.
- The number you arrived at when sending the fax is not in the proper format or the receiving fax machine is having issues. To monitor this, attempt calling the fax number from a telephone and listen for fax tones. If you cannot perceive fax tones, the receiving fax machine may not be switched on or linked, or a voice mail service could be intrusive with the recipient’s phone line. You can also ask the recipient to monitor the receiving fax machine for any issues.
This website is an independent service provider of technical support and has no connection with HP in any means. Review our policies before getting assistance from us. You cannot avail any warranty services from us, and you have to contact the manufacturer for the same. The details provided on this page are for information purpose only.