HP Printers- Wireless Printer Setup for Mac computers
Need to print wirelessly from an Apple Desktop or Laptop? Configuring HP printer to the wireless network is simple and effortless. You will have to simply connect your HP Printer to the network along with the process of downloading and installing the HP printer driver from our website on your Macintosh system.
When the system prompts you to choose the connection type, click the wireless menu. Read and perform the steps illustrated below to set up your printer over wireless network on your Macintosh system.
Step 1: Organize the network requirements to setup your printer to the wireless network.
- Keep the following items organized to establish wireless setup.
- Make note of the Network Name (SSID)
- Security password (WEP or WPA key)
- A wireless feature enabled device and a broadband connection that can be used to download software
- Enable Web Services for printer updates.
- Make sure that the computer and the router are powered on. Verify if the computer and the printer that you desire to configure are connected to the same wireless network.
- The HP printer and computer must be placed nearer that falls within the range of the router at the time of wireless setup process.
- Unplug the USB cable or Ethernet cable from your printer, if connected.
Step 2: Prepare your printer on the wireless network with the use of an automated application
- The printer should be turned on if it is not done previously.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel of your printer that displays the Wireless Summary screen.
- To print using the Wireless Setup Wizard method, tap settings and touch it again.
- To setup your printer to the wireless network, go along with the instructions on your printer’s control panel.
Step 3: Download and install the updated version of the full feature printer software from our website
- Look for your printer driver and software in our website by entering the printer model; download the software as per the instructions listed on the web page.
- Find the downloaded .dmg file either in the computer’s downloads folder or on the browser’s download bar.
An example of the .dmg file that is located on your computer downloads folder.
- Double-click on the HP file from the installer window.
- Close the software and the HP Utility software that opens if prompted.
- Choose the printer name on the window, and then select Continue.
- An Add window will be displayed on the screen, click on Add Printer.
- Click on your printer name; confirm that the selected printer has Bonjour that is listed under Kind.
- Select Use or Print Using menu, and then choose the printer name from the drop-down menu to add the printer to the list with Add Printer.
- Click Continue and then go on with the instructions on the computer screen to accomplish the printer setup; click Done.
What if I cannot select my HP Printer?
While you try to select your printer, the printer name is grey in color or not listed. To resolve the issue, reset and clear the Android OS Print Spooler cache.
- Open settings on your Android device and then select Appsor Applications under settings.
- Choose Show System Apps.
- Scroll the list towards down, and then choose Print Spooler.
- Based on the type of your Android device, touch Storage, and then choose Print Spooler.
- Choose Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Open the item that you want to print on you device, touch the menu icon, and then touch Print. A print preview displays on the screen.
- Touch the down arrow that is next to Select a printer option to display the printer list, and then choose your printer.
- If you are able to select your printer, you can discontinue troubleshooting.
- If you are unable to select your printer, turn off and then turn on to restart your Android device, and then start printing again.
Can I print if my app does not have a print option?
When any of the app that you have installed on your devices does not support printing, you can send photos or PDF files to the HP Print Service Plugin using the Android Share feature in the print apps that support the feature.
- Open the item that you want to print on your device, and then touch the Share icon or search for Share optionin the Export or Send
- A list of supported apps will be displayed on your device.
- Touch HP Print Service Plugin. The shared item starts to print.